Sunday, May 4

Marshe's favorite designers 2008

Here are my favorite for the year: rebecca turbow, samantha pleet, and octopi. All reigning from new york city, and all ladies of course. I love how crafty yet feminine rebecca turbow's pieces are. Her line is earth friendly and she uses oh-so-much blue and turquoise. Octopi has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. They have been doing the bubble shape jumper for years, it is their signature piece that everyone else realized they nedded to copy. Then we have Samantha Pleet. I love her high waisted miniskirt as well as her fitted vest and satin mini dresses. with bows. And her mens line? Round of applause, seriously. Scoundrels of Dickensian London to Venetian aristocrats, it's another Topsy turvy spin through lush inspirations for Samantha Pleet's. Each piece demands attention. I feel like I should be in Tokyo listening to the song "just like this" by Jasper while wearing a dress by rebecca turbow... Then I should put on a original by Samantha Pleet and walk down the streets of amsterdam while playing cocorosie on my ipod... then octopi.. octopi is perfect for very posh clubs in finland blasting dj mixes of david bowie and aphex twin...

octopi

samantha pleet

No comments: