Thursday, September 18

on days like today.

With the seasons changing and leaves falling on the ground I find myself looking around and I am proud and thankful to be in the beautiful state of Virginia. I live in a city where one minute I can be in the middle of busy nightlife, Crazy Clubs, Punk and Metal music and the next minute I can drive 15 miles outside of town and be surrounded by open land, tobacco fields and silence.



dogwood


I have lived in Virginia all my beautiful life and I am proud that I am from Manassas Virginia. I am proud that I spent a good amount of my youth sledding at the battlefield and watching the dogwoods bloom. I am proud that all my friends parents have pick up trucks. And I could never settle for a man who didn't own a ford.


Virginia to me is apple mountain, Shenandoah Valley, Dinosaur Land, Luray Caverns, Natural Bridge, 7 bends river, Massanutten, The battlefields, Highway 81, Skyline Drive, The kite festival, Renaissance Fairs, Folk music, Old abandoned houses, COWPIE HIGH, Tobacco Fields, Not being able to pick up any good radio stations, Well water and no cell phone service, Driving 30 minutes to hang out with anyone, Bull run plaza, Tony's Pizza, Mama Mias, Mountains and the Sea, The Flat lands, The Chesapeake. tables covered in newspaper with crabs and old bay.


I love Virginia.


thank God for the dancing outlaw




No comments: