Thursday, February 19

Matthew Roberts: Art versus the recession

What is your 1st art experience that you can remember?



-At the mall i grew up near, they had a large print of Gorges Surat's Pointilisim piece- "a Sunday Afternonn..." A little girl is staring right at you and has a blurry face, it always freaked me out. Later in life i watched "ferris bueller's day off" where Ferris' friend Cameron has a simular experience in an art gallery. Sadly my dad still dosent own a Ferrai

What do you like to collect?
-I have an odly large collection of Rubiks Cubes. Different colors and types. I like solving them randomly in public, it still catches people off guard but only takes me about a min.







Have your parents supported the idea of you being an artist?
-Yes, although i've paid for most of my equipment through my photo and video work my parents have always supported me in my pursuit of this feild. For example- art college, helping me find jobs

Tell me about your most inspiring friend
-Growing up i had a baby sitter, her fiance Vince hung out with with me and taught me soo many things. He helped me be more of an individual and to avoid doing stupid shit.




Matthew Robert for Rumors


Matthew Robert for Rumors



What are your experiences with collaboration, art related or not?
-Shooting a short film with no crew or doing a photoshoot with no model dosent always work. Friends have always stepped in and later on working with professionals helped me learn a lot. Nothing ive produced that has gotten any attention was done entirely by me.


Art versus the recession...do you think this will be a blessing or a curse?
-I respect the balance, good and evil ups and downs. History has shown great art in terrible times. Great things can and will come from this era. Also, the starving artist will make his come back.







Where were you when kurt cobain died? Did you care?
-I was 5yrs old, i dont remember much until about 14yrs old.

What did you want to be when you were 10?
-Always loved the idea of flying, wanted to be a jet pilot or part of the Black Knight Paratroopers. Then one day i learned the majority of piolts started out in the military, dream ended.


Matthew Robert for Rumors



What is your favorite item of clothing you didn't pay for?
-I own a early 90's neon blue ski suit onesie. A friend baught it for me at a thrift store and yes, i still wear it snowboarding. (here's a link to a photo of me in it last season)
http://www. flickr. com/photos/brendanlane/2233415864/




What is the last show you went to?
-Tim and Eric Awsome Show Tour at Toad's Place, I wore the ski suit and got to meet the whole cast :)


Tell me something true.
- I enjoy photography but i could really care less where it takes me, it's hard to say what I mean but somehow a camera helps. If i can produce one photo that one person can look at and know exactly how i feel, Id take that over any photo job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the decrease issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=bpm studio pro 4.9.1 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you use the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg