Tuesday, February 17

Rebecca Urge: New Divas changing the world of fashion

So Urge and Rumors are blood brothers. Rebecca is by far one of my favorite classy ladies. Rebecca likes to relax by shopping at rumors and making fun of several of our clothing selections. While holding up a cross color wind breaker she told me that she refused to believe that they were in style. I began to rattle on about my favorite current artist and how their style is influencing a generation. So My dear Rebekah here is a few of the top artist changing fashion with there in your face attitude and style.


M.I.A






00016220



mia



Yes we all know her. But were we all at her first show in D.C at the 9:30 club 3 years ago. I think not. Because I was there and didn't see any of you in the half empty crowd. Well enough about my impeccable taste. M.I.A is a British-Sri Lankan singer that is well known for her dance hall hits. With a graffiti inspired 90's throw back style and two mind blowing albums she set a new bar for all d.j's and female acts. M.I.A is Swagger. Only a boss could perform 9 months pregnant on the grammys. M.I.A has a new line coming out called kala couture it will include “bomber jackets, leggings and T-shirts, all done up in the bold hues and graphic prints for which the singer is known”. If you like her style you should check out. Schwipe from Australia and CTRL from Finland.


LadyGAGA




The new queen of ny dance. One of my favorite new ladies on the rise. Miss GaGA was signed for a short amount of time to def jam at the young age of 19 but it wasn't until she started poppin hot tracks with akon when she rose on the scene. With a oversexed bowie-esque vibe this 22 year old is not hard to fall in love with. She is latching onto the scene like Madonna. Get comfortable world, Stefani Germanotta is not going anywhere. She already has tired artist like Christina BOOlera biting her style. I love miss GaGa. Shes sexy she knows it. She owns it. And we happily follow. With style icons Peggy Bundy and Donatella Versace I am looking forward to the launch of her new line.


asom-lady-gaga


MTV+TRL+Presents+Jonas+Brothers+T+Lady+GaGa+Tph-_ype5G9l


If you like Ladygaga's style you should check out American Apparel, Versace and Lamb clothing.




KIDSISTER


Chicago's finest kid sister. I first heard about her from thehoodinternet.com with a chart smashing song "got her nails done" and a hot video to match kid sister is setting up her dynasty. Rocking pagers, side ponytails, fly nails, bright windbreakers and a no nonsense attitude her flavor rocks smooth with catchy songs you can drop your ass to. She is known for being Kanye's favorite girl which is understandable with a degree in film from Columbia College and one film under her belt I'm sure she will surpass everyone's expectations. If you like Kid Sisters style I suggest you find the dopest nail spot, a great blonde wig and hit up your local thrift shop.




ksdazed1 kidsis




YELLE


A french must see. Yelle is well known for her amazing tecktonic video “A Cause Des Garcons” on YOUTUBE. Well at least that is how I heard about her. Her low budget video's and spastic performances are mind blowing. I can't understand a thing she says but I know all the words. If you like Yelle's style you should check out Evil Genius, Burgers&Friends and Death clothing from Iceland.


yelle_pic_41 yelle-20080515023159968-000






No comments: