Wednesday, October 8

Behind the lens. what is old is new again. what is classic is forever

Do you ever find yourself in front of the television on a Sunday morning watching turner classic movies imagining you were the men and women in every film.


You imagine yourself doing every musical number. Saying every romantic line. You are Cagney and Gable strong and handsome. You are Dietrich powerful and strong. I was Taylor elegant and beautiful, Lena Horne cabin in the sky sweet and seductive.


I watch current movies and I wonder 40 years from now will people look back and admire our current starlets and recite lines and scream... JUST SAY YES...


I have recently been viewing some of my favorite movies and its in the period pieces I see historic fashion inspiring new ideas and attitudes. Here we have Samantha Pleet one of my favorite designers. You can tell she puts so much of herself into each item. She not only designs the garment she designs a story. You put on an outfit and you plan a day or a night around it. The way you walk, The way you talk, The way you hold a glass of wine, the way you light a cigarette. Its the next level of fashion. Mind Altering Fashion. Here I am comparing a previous season of Samantha Pleets line to photos from Dead Man film by Jim Jiramusch starring Johnny depp that was released in 1999..


dead6

l_9eed3207a4bc551d40c22e7551ec8f55

dead2

dead_man_9

l_6c01c265f2a68eae5bfeac79e7dddbce

l_3ce8a553db0b4c8e584f704bded35d8d

No comments: