Monday, October 27

WRIR Monster Mashquerade Ball at NYDeli

I've always been a fan of costume balls.


If I had things my way people would wear costumes everyday. So I gathered up my ladies and we headed to the Monster Mashquerade Ball held at NYDELI. New York Deli is infamous for freely offering there space to non profit organizations to hold benefit shows. Friday nights affair was in honor of WRIR Richmond's public access radio. Samuel Adams October Fest was my costume of choice. And a special thanks to all the bands. Especially the pretend pretenders. Singing along to Brass in my pocket with Allison from Hot Lava was one of the best moments of my life.




WRIR 97.3 is completely community based. They offer music that you will not find normally on the radio. Some of the artist they play you can barely be found in most record shops. (not counting rumors of course because we have every vinyl in the world) Everyone who works for WRIR is amazing. I've personally never been let down by any of the radio shows.








WRIR radio for the rest of us. If you are interested in volunteering or having your own radio show. please contact them. They rule pretty hard http://wrir.org/x/modules/news/


here are some facts about WRIR....


-We are locally owned, and by charter can never be bought out by any non local entity.
-The station is operated by volunteers from the Richmond community. Our staff consists of your neighbors playing music, sharing news and operating the station.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really love all the posts you offer! I am so looking forward to seeing more like them..