Wednesday, June 4

Carytown Street Fashions and Boutiques Part Deux

Well, I'm just picking off where Marshe left off in the last Carytown post. Btw, I'm the new intern, Bolaji, she mentioned earlier. Well, my trip to Carytown with Marshe wasn't what I was used to, it was a different experience...that didn't come out right. What I mean is, it was very enlightening, almost like a high school field trip. Normally, my Carytown trips are limited to shopping (more like window shopping) and getting something to eat. With Marshe, I got to take in Carytown; I got to take pictures, meet the people who work in the boutiques, and find out the history of the the shops. During my first official day as a Rumors intern, this is Carytown behind these brown eyes...hold the Kelly Clarkson.



NTIML (Need those in my life!!!)


My sneaky candid camera shots inside Dominion Skateshop.


My sneaky candid camera shots in Dominion Skateshop.



This is one of the Dominion employees gettin his Zoolander on outside the shop.


What's so special about Dominion is the fact that it was created by a woman, Kim Blankenship, and the customer demographic is predominantly male. Dominion debuted in 1994 and continues to thrive. There's another location in the West End.


Right next door to Dominion is it's neighbor, Need Supply. Need started in 1996, selling vintage Levi's and grew into a collection of vintage apparel, premium streetwear, and contemporary brands. Here, local town celebrity Marshe and I explored what Need had to offer.


My "sources" tell me that these are IN now.


Only if I could fit my size 13 in those...definitely a no go...hence the huge feet in the mirror beneath the sandles.


Josh is wearing a Pandasong shirt and his fave blue jeans. In the bag, he just bought some new faves, aka his "crotch-tastic" pants, according to Marshe.


After a hard day's work and picture taking, we cooled down with a nice brew and some volleyball at Babes of Carytown, a restaurant during the day and bar with dancing by night.



LET THE GAMES BEGIN! I definitely didn't have the courage to play. Ha!



The non-athletes on the sidelines. That's definitely not Gatorade!


I definitely enjoyed my new and improved day in Carytown with the town celeb Marshe. I hope yall enjoyed the blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. Until next time.


PS. I didn't enjoy writing it! Haha.

No comments: