Friday, June 6

The New Kid on The Block

As the heat continues to skyrocket and push my a/c into overdrive, I can’t help but long for the days when I had to throw on a pair of tights everyday and trudge around in a coat. I'd welcome a day where all of a sudden we’d need to wear layer upon layer of hoodies and scarves. But reality strikes, and it is summertime. So to find a little inspiration for those hot days when all I want to wear is gym shorts and a tank top, I go to my arsenal of street style blogs that make my ‘quick e-mail check’ turn into a 5 hour blog marathon. And after a few clicks and taps of the keyboard, what do I find?





That’s right. Somewhere in perfect-weather land, they are still wearing tights and jackets and ensembles that say ‘it feels like fall,’ where as if I were to have a photo snapped of me walking down the street I think it would emit a sort of ‘I’m miserably hot and sweaty’ type of vibe. And though I do occasionally wish that I were in London skipping around in tights and boots, there’s nothing quite like walking through the dead heat and jumping into a pool, or more likely, the river. And more importantly, now you can use the excuse, “I need new summer clothes” to validate your shopping trips. At least I do.


Hi, I’m Melanie, the new intern for Rumors. I can consume my body weight in sweets and prefer spending my grocery money on magazines.


*image 1&2 from thestreetswalker.blogspot.com, image 3 from facehunter.blogspot.com

No comments: