Wednesday, June 25

The people who have made me who I am

Yesterday I turned 24 years old. I sat down in my room and I thought about what my life was like 11 years ago.


When I was 13 years old I felt I had finally discovered my true self. I knew what I believed in and I knew what mattered to me. The pressures and the fear of life hadn't touched me yet. I was a punk. I was a rocker. I was a young and crazy. And ready to be influenced and molded by my surroundings.


These are the people who made me who I am. They are the way I dress.. They taught me freedom just by dancing hard and dressing harder.


WestSideStory



west side story. a rival of turfs. The dance sequence in the ballroom is amazing. Circle skirts with worn in heels. Brightly colored pants with cheap sneakers.


breakin



turbo and ozone own my life. Miracles do happen.


bad_brains_lucian_perkins



bad brains dc with attitude. black, punk and proud


ABBA


Abba. Melodic. space invaders meet disco keyboards. women creating a brain explosion of chill music and fashion only the coolest of the cool can wear.



ZIGGY_STARDUST.David_Bowie.1.tif.big



David Bowie in the flesh. a God above men. Some people are born to be different. They accept it and they just go with it. David Bowie is one of these men. He didnt choose to be who he is. He just does it. Completely embodying an era.


PRZ-001563



Prince. Purple Rain, Purple Rain, Purple Rain. Prince is the only man who understands me. Lets go Crazy is always in the back of my mind . He came out of nowhere. He said. Im fantastic. Im wearing a blouse. Im wearing heels. I am 5'2 and women will kill to be with me. A living legend.


these people who made me who I am. Marshe Wyche...

No comments: