Tuesday, July 1

fly me to the moon and let me play amongst the stars

So today I was walking around the streets of Richmond looking at how my fellow citizens dress. This city is full of some of the most amazing, artistic and creative people that I have ever met.. But you would never think that based off the way people dress on the streets.. So to the few of you who wear your souls on the outside I salute you.


Steven. Justin. Jonathan.Krista. Sarah.Whitney. you will be remembered.. the rest of you.. need to step up your game.. seriously


I met Michael, Krista, Sarah and Justin early summer of 2007. I walked into their home and I felt like I was transported to the 70's. The walls were covered with beautiful blankets. Betty Davis was blasting anti Vietnam lyrics on the record player. Justin was crouching over a vintage couch playing noise on his guitar while a light flickered on and off. Krista and Michael were sittng on the porch talking about music and It was the birth of a beautiful friendship. Most Potent Potions and Meditate Mother Fuckers are currently traveling cross country in a van and i really do miss them. I never realized what an influence you all were to me until you left. I love you all


l_d1922ea7208a19c34fa7d1320621c8ad


l_759884e99e67a753432e8b6951b622ed


l_b9a79fc6153b24e64aac7551873f9bfb


l_86764ee291cac6148387a32b4247d0f3


Whitney: a sculptor and film maker. A friendship crush that became a full blown love affair. Whitney is metal and fantastic. Absolutely insane and drop dead gorgeous. You can find Whitney at empire on Sunday mornings wearing with a half sewn dress, huge boots and a mimosa. I love love love her. It Is without thought. she is just Whitney.


1378988589_l


Steven: famous for flipping a lil ceaser sign on broad street summer 07. I met this one and demanded that he stay in Richmond forever. Steven is one of the most vibrant people i have met in years.. watch out Richmond this kid is going to take over the city.


HPIM0535


Whitney is a modern day sassy Alice and wonderland. This girl is phenomenal. She is so sweet and her style is immaculate. perfect vintage dresses. Circle skirts. petite cardigans, perfectly placed accessories and cute little dirty shoes. Whitney is a style icon.


l_6ad99db661fc7a4caebf8c25580021d7


Bryony. Designer of the stars. I met Bryony in a thrift store in 2003. she was wearing a pair of fluffy yellow bloomers, a childrens short dress that stopped at the top of her thighs.. 5 inch platform flipflops. braces and pigtails with red yarn in them.. I thought she was 12. hours later i met her at a party drinking a 40oz of highlife.. we have had a love affair since then. Bryony is my favorite richmond celebrity.


l_63f3b4e7da50e0cd5f80f5ee9167c9ca

No comments: