Thursday, July 17

Size really matters

i love big hair. Teased, volumized, sprayed with enough aquanet to put a hole in the ozone; that's the kind of big hair i'm talking about. and despite the fact that my hair lacks the volume i admire since i've been cursed with sleek asian hair that will hold neither curl nor crimp nor tease, don't be fooled, when it comes to my opinion on hair, the higher, the better. now, when i say 'big hair' i mean all styles, dolly parton, amy winehouse, tina turner, i love em all, but i want to focus on this new type of big hair i've been seeing, which i can only really call, a pouf.



i'm sure the elie saab couture runway was pretty magnificent, but all i could think as i scrolled through the pictures was 'i love that hair.' it just reminds me of cotton candy puffs. and if you think this is merely for fashion shows



she's amazing. if i saw her walking down the street with that hair, i'd have an urge to follow her, wanting to ask how she managed such a beautiful coif, but simply admiring from afar. you could hide things in there.


and for any of you skeptics who think that perhaps my hair can be worked with to create a beehive/nest of a beaut, i assure you. i've tried. let's just say for my sister's wedding, when i was getting my hair done i asked for a combo of the above picture and



and the ending result, was sorta like this



needless to say disappointing. maybe it's my inability to have big hair that draws me to it so much, but i'm not bitter. for those who can hike up their hair, i say the sky's the limit.


-melanie

No comments: