Saturday, July 19

Some Italian Style

Hey, my name is Bonnie and I guess you could call me an intern. I just got back from spending a month in Italy, so I thought I'd write a little bit about the Italian fashion scene. Because of the tanking dollar in relation to the euro nothing in Europe is cheap! However, if you stay long enough your definition of cheap simply shifts. I'm not much for designer clothing but it's worth mentioning that outside Florence there is a designer outlet known simply as "The Mall." They have previous collections from everyone from Stella McCartney to Alexander McQueen on sale.



Halfway into my stay in Florence all the display windows began showing winter clothing. This was because Florence hosted the Pitti Imagine Uomo 2008 tradeshow. Pitti Uomo showcased upcoming menswear collections for Fall Winter 08/09. D*Face (not the British graffiti artist) stood out because of their jeans in various washes.





www.dreamingface.com


I also liked 400 gr a lot. This was a menswear show so I only saw half of the collection. But they do have a womenswear line as well. (I actually think they're Parisian but I liked them a lot so I'll write about them here)






www.400gr.net


The last line I'd like to mention is Patafisic. She is a local Florentine designer who used to be an architect. She chooses a geometrical shape as her inspiration for each collection. A lot of the clothes have double uses - a dress unsnaps to become a skirt etc





www.patafisic.it


- Bonnie






No comments: