Tuesday, November 4

Belgium holiday yet again. Why not. why not.

Drown me in beck while I avoid tram tracks while holding onto the back of bart on his bicycle. what am I doing here, how did I get here and why is it so cold on this side of the equator.

I arrived on Wednesday morning after a 9 hour flight. I sat by a friendly woman from Delaware who knows Biden personally and also thinks that the sex and the city movie was a bit ridiculous and over the top. Needless to say we fell in love over two bottles of red wine and turbulence while the horrible movie Man of Honor played in the background.

I love sneaking into first class. There's is something wonderful about stepping off a plane jumping on a train catching a bus and knowing exactly where you are going that makes a girl feel like an experienced traveler.

Ghent Belgium we meet again. You cold cold cold country. I run into my second home and I wake up my European boo and my European ladies. We screammmmmm how are you? you look great? what took you so long to get here? how long are you staying? how is America? how is the economy? how is Casey? tell us how Casey is? Where is Casey? WHERE IS CASEY.

This trip has been amazing. I'm staying in a house with my love Bart from Holland, Soud from Morocco, Edith from Belgium and Indie from Australia. The fashion here is just as diverse as the people who inhabit this household. When visiting the center everyone from ages 6 to 60 look amazing. Weather suited leather sheik boots. Thick jackets that are a mixture of pea-coats and trench coats. Beautiful lenins worn loosely around ladies necks. And new mothers with handbags to match strollers and strollers to match cellphones. Stores like Cream and Limits make my favorite Boutiques look like dingy thrift stores.



I shopped today for hours. The center is full of amazing shops and little boutiques. There are street signs directing you to where you can buy fresh chocolate waffles and even though it is freezing children are still eating ice cream and chasing each other around statues with Marx's quotes on them.


Another thing that is so comforting is the amount of amazing vegan and vegetarian restaurants there are. I thought Harrison street cafe in Richmond and Karen's in New York was as good as it gets but these burger spots here have endless menu's. " Texas Lentil Burger and a Jupiler for one.. alstublief, Dank U". I love Ghent Belgium.



.........................................................................................................................


Tonight it is student nights. The streets are filled with students representing their groups and drinking madly on every corner. Bart and I are dressed in white with highlighter mustaches and glitter tops by Wowch. We are going to a private Flou party. A flou party is a fluorescent party where everyone packs into a small room plays horribly wonderful music from the 80's and 90's and the walls are lines with white yarn and plastic wrap and everyone is drawing on each other and pounding wine bottles and champagne bottles and Jupiler and jupiler and jupiler....



The economy in America is falling apart and all i can think about is which boots look better with my hot green pants.

No comments: