Tuesday, November 11

Proud to be an Obamite

After hours of waiting in line to cast my vote I walked out of the voting center with a feeling of accomplishment and a "I voted sticker" on my chest. I had an abnormal amount of fear and excitement building inside of me and I couldn't wait for the votes to be counted.


To celebrate the election Casey and I had an election show. This Bike is a Pipebomb headlined and we waited anxiously to find out what the future had in store for us. I have always expected the worst and hoped for the best when it comes to most things in my life. But I felt I needed this. I felt the country needed this.



Bands played and I ran back and forth from Village Cafe looking at CNN news. Checking reports on my phone as well as online. I thought well if Obama doesn't win If Va votes Democratic I at least have something to hold onto. I ordered a shot of whiskey and I sat at the bar. VA VOTES BLUE>>>> i run as fast as i can to the store. I yell VA voted DEMOCRATIC>. the band plays on louder. I ran back to Village Cafe. They said. OBAMA ELECTED PRESIDENT.



I paused. then I ran back in the store. OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA. I got to tell a room full of people that Obama got elected. I couldn't stop crying. I could barely think.



I felt something building inside my heart. I didn't know what it was. Others felt something inside their hearts as well. It was pride. Pride. Pride. Pride.



The band was screaming and drums were beating tears were flying, and then we started to run. We ran down broad street yelling YES YES YES WE DID IT. I jumped on Ward Taft's shoulders (owner of chop suey books) and I viewed hundreds of people Black , White, Spanish, Asian ,Indian, young and old celebrating together. The cops nicely sat outside their cars making sure everyone was okay. And it felt like we were all one. The city strolled to the capital walking for hours cheering until the sun came up. I love Virginia. I love Politics. I love Obama. I LOVE AMERICA> I LOVE AMERICA.




i love the guy doing the O hands



you can vote however you like.... you can vote however you like.....


-marshe








No comments: