Thursday, November 13

A mashup of street style.

So things have been very crazy with the store lately. We have expanded our recycle section and it is doing so well. Thanks to the support of our community selling us their pre-loved recycled stylish looks from previous seasons we have been able to hand over $1,000 cash in the past month to our friends and new favorite customers. We have also recently added two men's racks to our pre-loved section and we plan on expanding even more adding collectible records and a children's clothing section. OUR PLANS ARE HUGE.


As you all know I got Richmond in Nylon magazine and the feedback has been wonderful . I was recently offered a position for Urge magazine by the brillant and beautiful Rebecca Jones (http://www.urgeonline.com/) doing street photography around the city. Rumors has been featured in three issues of Urge in the past year and we are delighted to be working with such wonderful people. Finally Richmond has a magazine that combines fashion, music, community, art entertainment. And me of course. SO STOKED.


Well you know how Casey and I are overachievers so I hit the streets seconds after I got the OK. Casey helped me flag down eye catching outfits and here is a collection of all the people that inspire us in Richmond. I am excluded the pictures that Urge is using for their next issue. (they are the best)



I will title this picture cuteness personified



a simple shirt with a couture edge. Worn in jeans with classic black on black chucks



Rainy November brings out the creative side of this adorable girl I flagged down on Harrison st.



If these kids were in a band they would make folk and electronic music. Folktronic. I love that deer cardigan I may have to steal that for myself. A pair of solid tights completes any outfit when you pair them with faux vintage shoes. And a thrift-ed flannel is a must have for any man who claims he is from Virginia. (anyone who pays more than 30 bucks for a flannel shirt is insane).



Wolfattack!!!! Wolfgang has a style inspired by john cusack movies and early 90's nickelodeon. comfort is a must for this fashionista. Wolfgangs boyish looks and charm get him everywhere.



I honestly don't know why Chino and I don't have a love child. Chino refers to his style as Afrofuturistic. mixing bright whites with black already makes a bold statement but when you add gold it makes you a super star. Malcolm X mixed with Ziggy Stardust. They should name a drink after this guy.



When I first moved to Richmond 6 years ago grace st was covered in studded jackets, bullet belts, bright red mohawks and combat boots. I found this girl on the steps of johnson hall and she reminded me of why I moved to Richmond so many years ago.



Tiara Willians has a sophisticated yet playful look. She has a very original style.



eclectic style can be found all over vcu campus



Nathan has a style influenced by There will be Blood. It takes a real man to wear a bolo



Shannon has a style inspired by European street style.



Reem has a traditional look with a flair.



Shannon has a look inspired by James Dean and Audrey Hepburn.



vabeach relaxed style. I love these boys.



Demand Attention and Defy Rainy Days.



Kerri gives us a classic richmond look. Comfortable and well layered



A mash up of style. slightly quirky visual perfection.



Noelle lead singer of Show me the Pink shows us her blue side.

No comments: